DP Daily Prompt: You,the Sandwich Post by Ranu
If the restaurant were to name something after me,what can it be? I am thinking,it has to be something the customers would like to eat.I got it ,it will be Ranu’s bhoona gosht. It is a meat dish. The following is the recipe:
2 pounds of blade roast—sliced into one inch pieces
5 small onions–chopped
4 cloves of garlic– chopped
one inch piece of ginger–chopped and blend into paste
1 table spoon– curry powder
half tsp. cayenne powder
1 tsp. coriander powder
half tsp. cumin powder
quarter tsp. cinnamon powder
1 tsp. garam masala powder
half tsp. paprika powder
3 tblsp. olive oil or canola oil
salt to taste
1.Wash the meat thoroughly,remove excess fat.
2. heat the oil in a sauce pan.
3. put the onion,ginger and garlic,fry it until the onion is transparent.
4. put all the spices and fry it for a minute,do not let it burn.
5. It should be cooked in medium heat.
6. put the meat and stir it . Cook it for five minutes.
7. Transfer the meat into an oven proof pot.
8. preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
9. place the meat in the oven,leave it to cook for an hour.You should check it every twenty minutes, do not let it burn.The finished meat dish will be dry.This is why it’s called ‘Bhoona Gosht’.
You can serve it with rice or chapati( something like tortilla)
If you follow it according to the instructions given it will be a very tasty dish. Your friends,provided they like spicy food will ask for the recipe. Keep it a secret,what do you think?
Thank you for sharing this recipe. I would like it! I bet that *you* very likely can make this dish tastier than anyone else. Yes? 🙂
You know what Robert,I gave it to a few people.This is what they say,it does not taste like yours.When writing a recipe,I think of the spices,the cut of meat,the oven temperature and other ingredients.When I cook it myself I do not think of these things,this maybe the reason it is different.Sometimes I feel,I am not faced with the rigidity which others have to face.
So Robert probably it is true, it tastes better when I cook.But when I give the recipe I do not leave out anything I do.
Best wishes to you Robert.
Thank you Robert.The Canadians here love this meat dish.