Today for NaBloPoMo,I am posting a recipe.I had good success with it.All my friends and family love it.Try it you may like it too!
Bhoona Gosht(Fried beef)
1. Boneless blade roast—2 pounds
2. Onion—2 medium chopped
3. Fresh garlic—2 cloves, minced
4.Ginger— half inch piece minced
5. Salt—to taste
6. Curry powder—one tablespoon
7. Cayenne powder— one teaspoon
8. Oil for frying— quarter cup, olive oil or canola oil
Use an oven proof cook pot with lid ( le creuset or something similar).
Heat the pot at medium heat on top of the stove. Pour oil and add the chopped onions. Fry until the onion is transparent.Add all the spices,ginger,garlic,salt, curry powder and ground cayenne. Fry the ingredients for a minute. Add the beef,stir it till all the spices are coated,leave it for five minutes.
Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Before placing the beef in the oven, cover it with the lid. Bake for an hour. Turn off the oven and leave the beef for an additional hour.
Serve it with rice and an yogurt salad.
Recipe for yogurt salad;
1. English cucumber—one whole
2. plain yogurt—- 2 cups
3.green onion— half a bunch minced
4. salt —- 2 teaspoons
5. tomato– 1 small (chopped)
6. sugar— 1 teaspoon
7. lemon— half
8. green chilly- – a small one minced(optional)
1.shred the cucumber,put the contents in a fine mesh colander,add the salt and leave it for a few minutes . The salt will squeeze out the water in the cucumber.If necessary squeeze the remaining water with your hand.
2. Add minced tomato,onion and green minced chilly if you want it slightly spicy. Mix it with a spoon.
3.Add the two cups of plain yogurt,mix it well with the above ingredients.
4. add the sugar,taste it,it should not be too sweet.
5.squeeze the half lemon and mix it with the yogurt.
The lemon juice gives a very pleasant taste.