1. Meat(beef) two and a half pound roast,sliced into three-fourths of an inch,size of each piece , length= 3 inches, width= two inches.
2. Onion– 5 medium size, the slices should be same as beef pieces.
3. Potatoes_ 5 large, sliced the same as beef pieces.
4. Tomatoes__6, medium size; sliced same as beef pieces.
5. Yoghurt– 2 cups; plain
6. Oil or Clarified butter– three-fourth cup
7. Whole spices— a. red dried chillies– 12
b. pepper corn( black pepper) 15 pieces.
c. cloves–12 pieces.
d. whole green cardamom—12
e. cinnamon stick— 6 half inch pieces.
f. bay leaf—6 to 8
8. Ground spices:
a. cumin– 1 tsp.
b. coriander–1 tsp.
Ginger and Garlic– it is best to have them fresh.
1. ginger– 1 inch piece crushed into a paste.
2. garlic–5 cloves, crushed into a paste.
1. Salt– 2 level teaspoon
Mix the the ground spices,fresh garlic and ginger with the yoghurt and put it aside.
Utensil— one five quart round pot with cover.
Grease bottom of pot with two tablespoons of oil or clarified butter, carefully put the slices of onion,followed by two tablespoons of spiced mixed yoghurt, three whole chillies,four pepper corns,three whole cloves,three cardamoms,two cinnamon sticks,and two bay leaves and two tablespoons of oil .Cover this layer with beef and follow the same method as the top layer with the yoghurt,spices , one teaspoon salt and oil. After beef next is potatoes, put same amount of spices ,oil, yoghurt as on the first layer.The last layer is tomatoes, put the remaining spices,yoghurt,oil and the second teaspoon of salt.
If there is beef, potatoes, onion and tomatoes left, Do the same as in part one but do not use extra spices ,just use less for the part one layers and use them in the second part.
place the pot in a pre-heated oven 350 degrees for approximately an hour. Check after thirty minutes to see everything is working well. turn off the oven and leave the pot for 45 minutes more. This will help to dry the liquid.
I’m reposting a recipe of mine instead of today’s writing prompt, this will I hope explain why I will not settle for red or blue pill, as a substitute for real food.