You’ve asked to do a five-minute presentation to a group of school children on the topic of your choice. Describe your presentation.
My presentation is about SOFT DRINK.
My presentation targets adults and not children. Children consume soda because we the adults give it to them, without thinking about the ill effects of this beverage. My intention is to make the adults aware of it , so that the children will not be exposed to this harmful drink.
Here is a list of ten reasons to avoid soft drink:
1. One can of soda contains ten teaspoons of sugar. After a long consumption of this beverage it can lead to diabetes, weight gain and other health problems.
2. Soda contains an acid which interferes with the bodies ability to absorb calcium, this can lead to osteoporosis, bone softening and also interferes with stomach acid which slows down digestion.
3. In diet sodas aspartame is used as a substitute for sugar, it is more harmful than regular pop.It can lead to health problems like multiple sclerosis, brain tumors, diabetes and emotional disorders.
4. Most soda contains caffeine which is linked to some cancers, breast lumps, high blood pressure.
5.Simple tap water is used in soda which can contain chemicals like chlorine,fluoride and traces of heavy metals.
6. Harvard researchers have found soft drinks linked to obesity.
7. Sodas contain High Fructose corn syrup which causes long term health problems.
8. Soda has no nutritional value, it’s an unnatural substance that harms the body.
9. Soda has high sugar, sodium and caffeine. It dehydrates the body, over a long period of consumption it can cause chronic dehydration.
10. Drinking soda regularly causes plaque build up on the teeth which can lead to cavities and gum disease.
As we can see soda is responsible for a variety of problems to the human body, I feel the parents can find something better for their children to drink and themselves too.