If there were a real Fountain of Youth, would you drink the water?
If there was a guarantee that the Fountain of Youth would make me younger, I’d say it would be worth trying.
There is one thing that disturbs me, if I am young forever, would it entail me going to school and start all over again?
If the answer is ‘Yes’,then I will not be interested. I have gone through all kinds of hardships to finish my education. Going through it again will not be suitable for me.
I won’t get any help from my siblings, they’ve done it once, second time would not be feasible as they have their own kids who need their help.
Besides the cost of education is higher and the salary is not proportionately higher for my siblings.
Return of youth as tempting as it sounds will not work for me!
This is the picture of “Gulab Jamun ” I took this picture after I finished making this dessert. I had invited my daughter’s co-worker, who was kind enough to take care of our felines for a week, while we were in Montreal.As you can see there are quite a few.I intended to give him the remaining after our dinner. He chose to take a few. I took some with us and froze the ones left.
Here is the recipe for my dessert.
- 2 1/2 full cream milk powder( you can use skim milk powder, which is what I used)
- 1 cup self-raising flour(Bisquik)
- 11/2 tespoon soda
- 250 g cream cheese package
- 2/3 cup milk
- 750 gram ghee( clarified butter)
- oil for deep frying
- 2 litres(8 cups) water
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon rose water optional
- Method: Combine milk powder,sifted flour and soda in an medium bowl, rub in cheese until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.Using hand knead mixture in bowl, gradually adding enough milk until mixture holds its own shape and is slightly sticky to touch.Moisten hands with extra milk, roll level tablespoons of mixture into 30 sausage shapes.melt ghee(or clarified butter ) with enough oil to make depth of 5cm in medium pan
- Deep fry 8 sausage shapes at a time for about five minutes or until golden brown and cooked through, stirring occasionally , drain on absorbent paper.Prick well with tooth pick ,place into syrup, cover and refrigerate.
- syrup: combine water and sugar in a large saucepan,stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved, bring to boil, boil uncovered without stirring , for 10 minutes(syrup should not change color. Cool syrup slightly, if you are using rose water this is the time to add it.
- Enjoy this dessert.
- ……………………………………. 🙂
You must be logged in to post a comment.