Then a rich man said:
Speak to us about giving:
And he answered : You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself you truly give.
For what are your possessions but things you keep and guard for fear you may need them tomorrow?
And tomorrow what shall tomorrow bring to the over- prudent dog burying bones in the trackless sand as he follows pilgrims to the holy city?
And what is fear of need but need itself?
There are those who give little of the much which they have–and they give it for recognition and their hidden desires makes their gifts unwholesome.
And there are those who have little but give it all. These are the believers in life and the bounty of life, and their coffer is never empty.
You often say, “I will give but only to the deserving,”
The trees in your orchard say not so, for to withhold is to perish.
Surely he who is worthy to receive his days and his nights is worthy of all else from you.
And you receivers-and you are all receivers -assume no weight of gratitude lest you lay a yoke upon yourself and upon him who gives.
For to be overmindful of your debt is to doubt his generosity who has the free-hearted earth for mother, and God for father.
To be continued 🙂
When was the last time you felt truly Rejuvenated and energized? What made you feel that way?
I was truly rejuvenated and energized when I read the news on the internet early this morning, that “Roger Federer” won the fourth round tennis match last evening.
It is the US grand slam tennis championship, he was playing against John Isner an American, who it is believed can blow anyone off court with his wicked serve.
I am ecstatic Roger won because the commentators favored John. Way to go Roger!
Today, let’s write a list. Write your own list on one of these topics:
1.Things I Like
2. Things I’ve Learned.
3. Things I Wish
I have chosen the topic:
Things I’ve Learned:
- Do not give Advice to a friend.
- Always agree with a friend, even if you know she is Wrong.
- Be patient with seasons, Winter is always followed by Spring, unless you live in St. John’s.
- Always keep your bottle filled with water, if you need to Discipline your kitty.
- Stay away from spicy food if you are allergic to “Cayenne.”
- If you want your Doctor’s secretary to ‘Smile’, give her gifts at Christmas time.
- Always ‘Smile’ when your guests arrive.
- Never say ‘No’ when your guests volunteer to do the dishes.
- When inviting friends to your birthday party at a restaurant, be ready to pay the ‘Bill.’
- Stay away from ,Religion,’ or ‘Politics,’ when you have company.
- The above is a list of things I’ve learned.
- I hope to get feedback from the participants, thank you for reading it. 🙂