Compose a series of vignettes.
Today tell a story through a series of vignettes( short,episodic scenes or anecdotes)that together read together as variations on the same theme.They can each be as short or long as you see fit–they don’t have to be the same length- but they need a common feature to tie them together, whether it’s a repeated phrase, a similar setting, or the appearance of the same person.
These are some of the things we were supposed to do, when we went for pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia.
- We walked around the Ka’ba seven times, there were stops where we said a little prayer and moved on. It was sunny and warm, we walked bare feet, amazingly enough the ground was not hot, but very comfortable. I was told because it’s covered with marble, it remains cool.
- Next we went to Al- Safa and Al- Marwah : In Islamic tradition(Ibrahim) was commanded by God to leave his wife Hajar(Hagar) and their infant son alone in the desert between Al Safa and Al-Marwah , the two hills.They were left with basic provisions to test their faith.
- Hagar climbed the nearest hill, Al-Safa in search of water.When she didn’t find it , she went to the other hill Al-Marwah, she was relieved she could see her son, whom she left alone. When she went to the valley she was unable to see her son, she would run in the valley and walk at a normal pace when she was on the hillsides.She walked back and forth seven times between the hills in the extreme heat searching for water, before returning to her son.When she arrived, she found that a spring had broken forth when Angel Jibreel hit the ground with his wing.
- In Al Safa and Al-Marwah we walked and ran like Hagar.
- Then we went to Muzdalifah, spent the night there and also collected pebbles to stone the Devil.Muzdalifah. (All the images are supplied by Wikipedia.)
- These were some of the rites we performed when we went for pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia.
- …………………………….. 🙂