Blogging 101, Blog event: Tasty Thursday( Day Thirteen)
I am posting the photograph of my tasty dessert, Bangladeshi style:
Here is the recipe:
1.1 1/4 cups full cream milk powder
2. 1/2 cup self raising flour
3.3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
4. 125g package cream cheese
5. 1/3 cup milk, approximately extra milk
6. 375 g tub ghee(clarified butter)
7. oil for deep frying
1. 2 litres (8cups) water
2. 4 cups (1kg) sugar
3. 1/2 teaspoon cardamom seeds (optional)
4. 1 tablespoon rosewater
1: puffs: combine milk powder , sifted flour, and soda in a bowl,rub in cheese until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2: knead mixture in bowl,gradually adding enough milk until mixture holds its own shape and slightly sticky to touch.
3. moisten hands with extra milk, roll level tablespoons of mixture into 30 sausage shapes.
4. Melt ghee(clarified butter) with enough oil to make depth of five cm in medium saucepan. Deep fry 8 puffs at a time for about five minutes or until golden brown and cooked through , stirring occasionally; drain on absorbent paper. Prick puffs well with toothpick, place into syrup, cover refrigerate.
Syrup: combine water and sugar in large saucepan, stir over heat , without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Stir in cardamom seeds(if you are using it), bring to boil, uncovered without stirring, for ten minutes( syrup should not change color) cool syrup slightly, strain into large bowl, add rose water, cool, serves 6.
Enjoy this special dessert.